GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
DEPARTMENT OF SPACE
NORTH EASTERN SPACE APPLICATIONS CENTRE
UMIAM - 793103
Advertisement No. NESAC/RMT/02/2016Dated: 21.09.2016
North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC), Umiam is an autonomous body functioning under the Department of Space and North Eastern Council (NEC) to assist development process in North Eastern Region using space science and technology. It undertakes specific applications projects using remote sensing, GIS, satellite communication and conducting space science research. The Centre's services are helpful in natural resources management, infrastructure planning, health, education, disaster management and Earth Observation Applications Mission.
NESAC provides excellent career opportunities for professional growth and promotion to higher grades which are regulated through periodical technical performance based on Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC) reviews under merit based promotion scheme.
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the positions of Scientist/Engineer 'SC'
NOTE: Do not use 'Back' and 'Forward' button of your browser while filling up online application form
Pay & Allowances:
Selected candidates will be appointed as Scientist/Engineer 'SC'
in the following LEVEL in the PAY MATRIX: Level 10 ( 56100 - 177500). The gross emoluments will at present be approximately 56,100/- p.m. In addition, House Rent Allowance [HRA] and Transport Allowance at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid for those who are not availing Departmental Housing and Transport facility respectively. The employees will be governed by the National Pension System. On employment in NESAC, other facilities are available such as medical facilities
for self and dependants, canteen facility, Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be received through on-line mode only.
- Candidates need to take print out of their online applications after final submission and will be required to produce the same at the time of interview if called.Candidate need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting documents.
- Please refer to the advertisement before filling up the online application form.
- Candidates are strictly advised to fill correct information very carefully in online application form.
Please keep ready the scan copy of following documents before filling the online application form:
Note: Use DPI (150-200) for scanning marksheets etc in pdf format.
- Documentary proof of all the educational qualifications starting from 10th standard onwards in PDF format as per instructions in the advertisement. The file size should not exceed 1.5 MB.
- Passport size photo in jpg format. The file size should not exceed 50 KB.
- Candidate signature in jpg format. The file size should not exceed 50 KB.
- Click Apply Online to open up the On-Line Application Form.
- The application format for online registration is hosted on this website from 25.09.2016 to 25.10.2016 15:00 hrs for registering the applications.
- The mandatory fields are marked as * (asterisk) with red color. Please provide the necessary information for mandatory fields.
- A valid e-mail ID is mandatory for registration.
- Candidate may press Submit Form button once he/she finds that information supplied by him/her is in order and no correction is required. Thereafter no correction/modification shall be allowed.
- When Submit Form button is pressed, a page with Registration No. will be generated and candidate will also be receiving an email with registration details. Please note down registration number .
- Using the 'Reprint' option and on entering registration number and DOB, candidates can print their application again, if required.
No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification candidates may send their mail to applications[at]nesac[dot]gov[dot]in
Only passed candidates are eligible to apply. Students awaiting for final result need not to
- The post is temporary but likely to continue.
- Only Indian National needs to apply.
- The selected candidates shall be posted at NESAC, Umiam.
- The selected candidates are also liable to be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required.
- Candidates attending the interview will be reimbursed to and fro second-class train fare by the shortest route from a place of residence indicated in the application form to the place of interview.
- Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in the application along with a set of self-attested photocopies. Candidates who are already employed under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies will also have to produce the 'No Objection Certificate', in original, at the time of interview. In case the candidate fails to produce any of the above documents or if any information furnished in the application is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed and TA will not be paid.
- Those who are recruited with ME/M.Tech or equivalent qualification against posts which are notified amongst others with ME/M.Tech or equivalent qualification, with pre-eligibility of BE/B.Tech or equivalent will be considered for review for promotion to next higher grade on completion of 02 (two) years and others will be considered only on completion of 04 (four) years residency in the grade.
- NESAC reserves the right to not to fill up the post, if it so decides.
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification candidates may send mail to applications[at]nesac[dot]gov[dot]in
- 25.10.2016 will be cut-off date for all purposes like age, qualification, etc
- The prescribed experience should be after acquiring the essential qualification.
- Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and complies with the requirements and adheres to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.