GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
DEPARTMENT OF SPACE
NORTH EASTERN SPACE APPLICATIONS CENTRE
UMIAM - 793103
Advertisement No. NESAC/01/2017Dated: 29.03.2017
North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC), Umiam is an autonomous body functioning under
the Department of Space and North Eastern Council (NEC) to assist development process in
North Eastern Region using space science and technology. It undertakes specific
applications projects using remote sensing, GIS, satellite communication and conducting space science research. The Centre's services are helpful in natural resources management, infrastructure planning, health, education, disaster management and Earth Observation Applications Mission.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the following positions on temporary basis for a period of one year which can be further extended based on the performance of the candidate in the periodical reviews, for a maximum period of 03 (three) years in total or co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier:
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the position of Research Scientist
NOTE: Do not use 'Back' and 'Forward' button of your browser while filling up online application form
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be received through on-line mode only.
- Candidates need to take print out of their online applications after final submission and will be required to produce the same at the time of interview if called.Candidate need not send the printout of the online application or any other supporting documents.
- Please refer to the advertisement before filling up the online application form.
- Candidates are strictly advised to fill correct information very carefully in online application form.
Please keep ready the scan copy of following documents before filling the online application form:
Note: Use DPI (150-200) for scanning marksheets etc in pdf format.
- Documentary proof of all the educational qualifications starting from 10th standard onwards in PDF format as per instructions in the advertisement. The file size should not exceed 500 KB.
- Passport size photo in jpg format. The file size should not exceed 50 KB.
- Candidate signature in jpg format. The file size should not exceed 50 KB.
- Click Apply Online to open up the On-Line Application Form.
- The application format for online registration is hosted on our website www.nesac.gov.in from 07.04.2017 to 01.05.2017 15:00 hrs for registering the applications.
- The mandatory fields are marked as * (asterisk) with red color. Please provide the necessary information for mandatory fields.
- A valid e-mail ID is mandatory for registration.
- Candidate may press Submit Form button once he/she finds that information supplied by him/her is in order and no correction is required. Thereafter no correction/modification shall be allowed.
- When Submit Form button is pressed, a page with Registration No. will be generated and candidate will also be receiving an email with registration details. Please note down registration number .
- Using the 'Reprint' option and on entering registration number and DOB, candidates can print their application again, if required.
No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification candidates may send their mail to applications[at]nesac[dot]gov[dot]in
- Only passed candidates are eligible to apply. Students awaiting for final result need not to apply.
- The number of posts notified are provisional and may vary depending upon actual requirement.
- NESAC/DOS reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it so decides.
- These Research Scientist positions are purely on temporary basis for a period of one year which can be further extended based on the performance of the candidate in the periodical reviews, for a maximum period of 03 (three) years in total or co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier. The position of Research Scientist will not confer any claim or right for regular employment in NESAC and the service of Research Scientist are liable to be terminated without any notice and without assigning any reasons thereof.
- Research Scientists are eligible for total Leaves as per rules.
- Candidates called for interview will have to produce all relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications along with a set of attested Xerox copies at the time of interview. In case any information furnished in the application is found to be wrong or false, the candidate will not be interviewed.
- Only Indian National needs to apply.
- The selected candidates may likely be posted in NESAC, Umiam. However the NESAC reserves the right to post the candidates anywhere in India as and when required.
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained. In case of any clarification candidates may send mail to applications[at]nesac[dot]gov[dot]in
- 01.05.2017 (Last date for receipt of applications) will be cut-off date for all purposes like age, qualification, etc.
- The prescribed experience should have been acquired after acquiring the essential qualification
- Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates already in employment under Central/State Government, Public
Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies required to bring No Objection Certificate from the employer concerned, at the time of interview failing which the candidate will not be interviewed.
- It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and complied with the
requirements and adhere to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application form.
Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and
complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.